The Breastfeeding Committee for Canada is leading a national project to increase the number of hospitals with Baby-Friendly designation. A Quality Improvement Learning Collaborative with 25 participating hospitals will be the primary focus. To complete the Baby-Friendly Application Form click here. If you need more information contact Michelle LeDrew at BFIProjectDirector@bccbfi.com
A special thank you to the Public Health Agency of Canada for investing $1.3 million over 5 years in the Baby-Friendly Initiative in Canada.
Benefits of Participation
- Teams from participating hospitals across Canada will work together with expert faculty over the course of the 3-year project to make significant organizational change using quality improvement methods and measurement to track progress.
- Foundational value of Family-Centred Care and Cultural Safe approach will be embedded throughout the project.
- Coaching and technical supports from faculty experts in English supporting:
- Three in person workshops
- Regular coaching during QI Action phases
- Leadership track
- Parent partner network
- Accommodation is available in French
- Fees for the Baby-Friendly designation will be supported (including Pre-Assessment and External Assessment).
- Contribute to scaling up implementation of BFI across Canada and improve maternal infant health.
- Project experience and QI knowledge can be applied to other projects in your organization.
- Site visits by BFI Project Director (optional).
See complete BFI Invitation